Friday 24 November 2017

Where has the year gone!! 2017 is nearly over already.


I can not believe that it has already been nearly a year since I first started the Supper Club!

We have had over 4000 views on this blog since inception in January, and I have not updated this for a very long time as I took a wee break over the Summer! With that said, we have had a LOT of meet-ups since my last entry so I have a lot of catching up to do with my readers, and photos and reviews to share from my visits since March of this year.

Firstly, I would like to thank each and every one of the Members who have supported this venture since it was initially launched back in January 2017. It has been a very busy year, and I have made some amazing new friends, and been to some fantastic Ayrshire restaurants that I never knew existed.

Secondly, I would like to say a very big thank you to Jean Butterley and her staff at the Black Cat Cafe for making us feel so welcome this year. Jean and her staff were so kind to let us meet there every week for months on end, and they were always very helpful and accommodating! I can not thank you enough for allowing our small group to meet at your cafe every week, Thank you!

There have been a lot of challenges over the months, and I have handled them all in the best way that I could. My children tell me that I do not have a great deal of patience these days when dealing with other people, but in many ways I am proud to see how far we have come as a group!

At the very beginning there was a lot of interest from members of the general public who attended our events, and some of them came and went, but there is a core group of supporters who really enjoy these outings and long may the Supper Club continue!

This was our first Summer together as a group, and most of us just wanted to get out and about enjoying our holidays and making the most of the sun while it lasted¬! As a result, the attendance went down and I took a wee break myself to concentrate on other areas of my business, SPIN ADMIN where I offer photography and Public Relations. I completed some amazing projects on an FOC basis with new clients that expanded my network of contacts, and this gave me some invaluable work experience. I have been very fortunate to work with some great people in the local area, and have made some amazing new contacts that I will work with again. All of this enables me to bring a lot more skills to the Group, and this venture is now expanding into other areas.

I have been approached by two people in the last four weeks who wanted to work with us - one of them has a Loyalty programme called wee.com, and the other runs a network of Supper Clubs throughout the United Kingdom called WeFiFo. Both of these products complement our existing Kilmarnock Supper Club, and will allow me to offer financial CASHBACK rewards for coming to our events, and access to bigger and better events throughout Ayrshire.

I hope that you will join us on this exciting adventure and will enjoy these wee changes to the way that things are done. I look forward to offering you more events and a better range of options for outings after the New Year in 2018.