Wednesday 25 January 2017

Calendar of forthcoming events released until the end of February!!




Hi everyone! Am so pleased to release the final version of the Logo I will be using to advertise the Supper Club from now on and am absolutely delighted with the designs by Paul Nimmo from PN Design (clever cookie).

I have been playing around with a lot of social media this week, getting things set up, saving images for facebook posts, collecting menus and generally booking events to take us up to the end of February and into March.

The evening dates have not been so popular with everyone and if you are anything like me, money will be tight following the recent Festive Season. I have now taken the time to think about what we can do as a Club for the rest of the year, and have put together a budget for it. I have taken the liberty of adding a number of dates to the Calendar - so far, most of which include my favorite festivals that I tend to take the children to every year. I am open to other suggestions please?

There are two ladies in the Club who have a minibus licence, which means that we can start organising daytrips from April onwards. I will be sure to give everyone advance notice so that you can buy tickets from me, and pay for these in full in advance of the day. Some of these will include free entry to the event, and will only require payment for bus travel only.

The advertising on Facebook has been great in terms of raising our profile in the community, and at this stage I am very happy with the results from them. This just goes to show that you don't need to spend a lot of money to get good value from something very simple, yet cost-effective and I have spent less than £20.00 in total so far.

Now that the Calendar for the next month is available, I would still like to encourage you to show me events that you would like to suggest to the Club Members. The only condition at this stage is that it has to be a Pay-as-you-Go event as these are easy to book, and no-one is let down at the last minute if people do not attend. It's the simplest method of growing our membership numbers and getting to know each other over a wee meal, without having to spend a great deal of money to come along.

I am still working away in the background on my ideas for the national club, but will wait until this one is better established before launching anything further to do with that.

If anyone would like to contact me by private message to arrange a tea/coffee date just on our own, or with a small group of new friends you have made, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Tamara :)