Friday 13 January 2017

Join us at The Kilmarnock Supper Club - a social dining club for the Over 40's!



Welcome to the Scottish Supper Club - an innovative new social dining club for the Over 40's in Ayrshire!


I started this group on Facebook in an effort to meet like-minded souls, and in the very first week since inception we have signed up nearly 100 members.


'The art of making new friends' has become almost obselete in this age of rapidly-advancing technology where dating websites have 'become the accepted norm' for thousands of people who go on-line looking for love. But having done the 'internet dating' thing and written numerous versions of humiliating profiles on-line for myself, I still had not found what I was truly looking for - a group of friends who understood and accepted me for who I am.



Since emigrating to Scotland from Australia ten years ago with my two girls, and as a single mother who did not drink or party very much, I have found it difficult to make new friends here. I was often the one to make the first move, or was too shy or too much of a 'loner', and eventually after several disastrous attempts I gave up altogether!

So anyway, this year was a brand new year for me - it was 2017 and time to get my life in order at long last! And so, after yet another night sitting alone on my couch eating chocolate and making things worse, I decided to be brave, and to take that first gut-wrenching step towards a new life for my family and started the Kilmarnock Supper Club as a group on Facebook.


Unbeknownst to me, I have discovered that there are literally hundreds of people out there who - through no fault of their own - have found themselves alone again, and feel like they are the only ones. Just like me they are looking to make new friends and share fun times with people their own age - mix with a group of friends who share similar interests, and now - I am delighted to say - that we have all of us found each other! and what a change there is going to be!!


Some of our members have divorced or separated, others have children who have grown up and moved out of home, some of us have lost partners who passed away far too young, and others work shifts - but all of us know what it is like to feel alone, not really knowing what to do or where to start again...

This group has been modelled on the dining clubs I knew from Australia - where complete strangers can get together for a sumptuous dining experience at communal tables on a regular basis! We will be organising regular events, with a particular focus on enjoying the very best Scottish food and wine that this country has to offer! In addition to this, we will be organising daytrips to music concerts, markets and arts events, and food/wine festivals throughout the whole of Scotland and are putting a calendar of events together as I speak!


Membership is free for anyone who wants to join us, and is open to locals and visitors alike! The Scottish Supper Club will always be like that - and I believe that you should never put a price on offering friendships to anyone - or take advantage of those who need them most.


So when will YOU make the decision to join our Social Dining Club - what have you got to lose? Please don't be shy - we have all had to take that very first step - just join up now and come along to one of our events with an open mind - and see what happens next!!


http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheKilmarnockSupperClub/


http://twitter.com/thekksupperclub


or email thekilmarnocksupperclub@outlook.com.


May I wish you all the best of luck! Tamara ;)